Monday, May 15, 2006

 

Hmmm...Maybe I'll See R.V. Instead

The Davinci Code was a just O.K. book. Yes, it had plot twists, some interesting characters, and controversial propositions. It was an easy read, but I found it to be a bit tedious after a while. It was fun, but I wouldn't rank it up there as being as fun as Captain Underpants, and it certainly doesn't touch any of the Harry Potter books with a ten-foot pole. Regardless of this, it reads like a book that would make a fun movie--with all the interesting locations, the constant running and mystery solving. In fact, I thought it would make a better film than it did a book!

Well folks, the reviews are starting to come in. It's not pretty. Here's some of what critics viewing the film at Cannes had to say, according to an Associated Press report:

"It's a movie about whether the greatest story ever told is true or not, and it's not the greatest film ever, is it?" Baz Bamigboye, film columnist, London Daily Mail.

"Maybe the next day I'll forget about it." Igor Soukmanov, Unistar Radio

"I kept thinking of the Energizer Bunny, because it kept going and going and going, and not in a good way." James Rocchi, a film critic for CBS 5 television in San Francisco.

Doesn't sound too good.

The kids in the youth group want me to take them to see it on Sunday, so we're going. Maybe it will bore them silly! We are going to have a dinner discussion following--I'm sure they'll have a lot of questions.

I'll let you all know what I think of it after I see it.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?