Sunday, May 14, 2006

 

Wild Pig--It's What's for Dinner!


Mmmm, mmmm good. Yes, I've now eaten wild pig.
At today's Scoutarama, one of the Boy Scouts entered his "Mountain Man Chili" in the chili cookoff. It had deer venison and wild pig sausage as its meaty components. I looked at the ingredients list, and I couldn't resist trying it. A little gamey, but I survived.
However, I don't think I'm going to call the Cracker Barrel (that's a hometown butcher, not the chain) and ask them to prepare the next wild pig I hit on the road--although I understand some people do that with roadkill.

When I lived in Kentucky, there was a warning to not eat the squirrel brains because the squirrels were carrying some kind of disease. I gladly abstained.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?