Monday, May 15, 2006

 

You Can Comandeer My Minivan Anytime!

I admit it. I'm a 24 addict. And I'm creating a 24 addict in my son.

Every Monday, I pick Thomas up from school and the first words out of his lips are: "Are you ready for 24?"

We have a little party every Monday, Thomas and I. I don't know if he understands the show--he asks plenty of questions about the plot. But it's a fun night for us anyway. We pop popcorn and cry out, "Noooooo!" everytime another villian acts against truth, justice, and the American Way.

Why do I like this show so much? Let me count the ways.

1. Jack Bauer. I love that he is always trying to do the right thing, even when it seems impossible for him to accomplish his goals. He always finds a way--always. Just when you think the bad guys are going to win, Jack saves the day. He's a Superman for the new millenium. I love it how he so politely comandeers vehicles. Such a gentleman!



2. Chloe. So smart, so loyal. I'd love to have her computer skills. She seems to have a permanant scowl on her face, and always understands how grave the situation is better than most. Please, 24 Producers and Writers, don't ever get rid of Chloe!



3. The concept. O.K., so it's unlikely that all these things can happen in the course of one 24 hour day. But truth be told, it really says something about what we can accomplish in just one hour's time. I like that. I also like that Fox doesn't air a bunch of reruns between new episodes.



There are many other reasons I like 24 which I can go into some other time. But I commend it to you. If you need to catch up with the plotlines, the dvds are available, or you can catch up by watching four episodes of 24 each Monday and Friday on A&E.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?